9.14.2008

Kids really do say the darndest things!

So last night we were enjoying a delicious meal with some of our friends, Fred and Mary. The boys were having a great time playing outside with their daughter Melissa and her good friend Monique. Suddenly Michael came running into the house, laughing and wanting to tell me what was happening.

Apparently, Melissa did something that made them all laugh and she snorted when she was laughing, which sent them all into hysterics. What Michael told me though, was that Melissa was so funny, she was making him "crap out". I must admit, this confused me so I asked him to repeat him self.

"I was crapping out, mom" he says again.

Okay, so now I'm confused, so I asked him if he accidently pooped in his pants. Nope, not the case. So I take him into the bathroom and ask him to repeat the whole story again. Which he does, including how Melissa had him "crapping out". Suddenly, it dawns on me.

"Michael," I ask, "Do you mean you were cracking up?" Yep, that's what he meant. Sheesh.

And here is Caleb's spotlight moment last night. As we adults were sitting around the table enjoying eachother's company, Caleb suddenly ran into the house, wanting to sit on Jeff's lap. The next thing we know, he starts laughing and announces, "I farted on you dad!" After which he got off of Jeff's lap and returned to his playtime.

I am so glad Fed and Mary are not the type of people we have to be prim and proper with!

1 comment:

Abby K said...

Fred and Mary probably loved the entertainment...it will get them ready for their grandbaby's "toddler/preschool" stage!