9.13.2008

The Camp Out

Smoke fills the air. There are shouts of "I farted!" followed by other declarations and shrieks of laughter. Everywhere I turn I am surrounded by testosterone. Testosterone of little boys ages 5 and under.

It was so simple. I was just giving a mom a break, and hopefully a night out with her husband. Her two boys and my three boys, no problem. Just for fun we'll pitch a pup tent and pretend to camp. 10 boys and a multi-dome tent later in the front yard....

Actually, it was great fun. We all had a blast. We roasted hot dogs. We made s'mores. Andrew and Jesse came to help me out, and all the little boys loved it. The boys went home smelling of smoke and sweat. They were dirty and sticky. And it only went from 6pm -9pm. It was great!



The little "campers" with Andrew and Jesse, the "Camp Counselers"












Caleb loves Andrew!

5 comments:

annie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love fall!

Mandi! said...

How fun is that?! You are so creatively loving:)

eva said...

What a fun, spontaneous time. I bet your boys will remember it for the rest of their lives as one of those "isn't our mom SO fun" type of memories. :)

Abby K said...

You are beyond brave, my friend...You are amazingly talented at being a "boy mom", what will you do when that little girl comes along some day?

Milk and Honey said...

If I ever get my girl, I will be running to Ann for all the advice I can get!